Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Our mission is to be the most valued and trusted business partner in the customer solutions space through unrivaled service. We aspire to be true partners for our exclusive business clients, and we are bonded by our common quest for excellence.
What’s in our DNA?
We provide unrivaled service by enlivening our Passion for People™ philosophy.
We are entrepreneurs who act with integrity.
We are tenacious.
We are versatile and responsible.
Inktel is a special place. We’re an established company with over a thousand employees and a track record of success of over 20 years. There’s a reason we’ve been voted a Best Place to Work so consistently. Careers are fast-tracked at our company. We’re a team of achievers who appreciate a good sense of humor and taking meaningful action.
Ultimately, we bring people together. Whether it be our clients, their customers, our colleagues or our non-profit partners—we can’t resist the fun of working with people. Each connection, each relationship, matters. To STRIVE to be a part of something greater is in our core—and we don’t use the word “strive” lightly. It embodies what we value.
The Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company. As the leader of the accounting department, the Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer, and manage and supervise all aspects of accounting including management of the general ledger, financial reporting and budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, manage, and coordinate accounting operational functions to ensure maximum productivity in maintaining and managing the general ledger
- Manage month-end closing cycles, including those with cross-departmental functions
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP in a consolidated environment, and analyze variances and operational inconsistencies to deliver monthly business review analysis and presentations to stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with accounting and internal control systems, implement new processes as needed, and maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Assist in developing and designing business models and KPIs to meet the needs of the business, and adjust as deemed necessary
- Hire, train and retain clerical and accounting staff
- Coordinate year-end and other audits
- Manage quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts, including routine recasts as needed
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional Controller duties as needed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least six years of practical, hands-on experience in a service industry
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central experience a plus
- Strong understanding and interpreter of GAAP, accounting theory, and internal control with an ability to implement innovatively
- Advanced MS Excel skills: pivot tables, v-lookups, use of macros, etc. with the ability to train others
- Ability to effectively articulate financial condition of a business to key stakeholders
- Ability to act and operate independently with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to develop business acumen in a fast-paced environment, and work cooperatively and collaboratively through all business functions to achieve objectives
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to train others with these skills
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills to drive the team’s success and engagement
- Demonstrated and proven track record of professional development, coaching and mentoring of direct reports
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, with a strong commitment to assigned deadlines and promote same within team
SALARY & BENEFITS
The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, personal time off, educational assistance, and a 401K plan.
Inktel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)