Customer Service Helpdesk Tier 1 –
Job Category: Customer Service
The Helpdesk Tier 1 – Work from Home position is responsible for providing a world class experience to internal employees supporting our tax clients by answering Technical calls related to Software, Hardware and Network issues in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor. Maintain a confident, friendly, and helpful tone in conversation.
- Strong Windows 10 and Windows related networking experience desired.
- Ability for follow directions and perform the step necessary to resolve the issue.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and adapt and tailor solutions to fit the challenge.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
- Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Employee situations.
- Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee’s reason for contact.
- Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
- Diligently and accurately document Employee records and cases.
- May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Strong Windows 10 and Windows related network experience.
- Knowledge of Printers and Scanners configured in a Windows environment.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant Contact Center experience.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser
- At least two screens/monitors (1 laptop and 1 monitor OR 1 desktop and 2 monitors)
- Wired internet speed at or above 20 mbps
- Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function
- Integrated or external webcam
- A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
- Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Minimum 35 WPM
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)