Customer Service – University Student Assistant
Job Category: Customer Service
Driven by our Passion for People, our Customer Service Representatives are experts at engaging customers across multiple channels: phone, email, online chat and social media. Connecting with people in a way that is meaningful to them is our bread and butter—and our Representatives perform consistently at a high level through coaching, support and training by the Best in Class Inktel Team.
Ultimately, we bring people together. Whether it be our clients, their customers, our colleagues or our non-profit partners—we can’t resist the fun of working with people. Each connection, each relationship matters. To STRIVE to be a part of something greater is in our DNA—and we don’t use the word “strive” lightly. It embodies what we value.
As a University Student Assistant, you will be taking incoming calls from students and providing assistance with registration process, financial aid and general inquiries. This is an important part of their transition and rite of passage and can be quite overwhelming. We want to make this as stress free and informative as possible to ease the transition to collegiate life.
- Communicate with customers in a proactive and professional manner.
- Respond to questions and provide information while meeting or exceeding customer expectation.
- Identify root cause of inquiries by asking probing questions to determine the best solution.
- Maintain required product knowledge to deliver best in class service.
- Provide insight and support with upcoming steps and stages with reference tools and information.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Proven track record of ALL of the following STRIVE values:
- [S]ervice [T]enacity [R]esponsibility [I]ntegrity [V]ersatility [E]ntrepreneurship
- Amazing combination of nimble thinking, high energy, passion and persistence: resourcefulness
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, clear diction, tone and knowledge/use of proper grammar
- Ability to explain complex, step-by-step processes to customers over the phone
- Prior customer service/troubleshooting experience preferred
- Ability to multitask by reading, typing, and navigating through applications while speaking with customers
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, and co-worker
- Strong desire to be helpful and take ownership to resolve customer situations
- Positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude
- Conscientious team player
- Driven by delivering results
- Professional demeanor, put together
- Dependable and consistent, history of good attendance
- Computer savvy, able to work with multiple platforms.
- Understands the college application/registration and financial aid process
- Strong math skills will be helpful!
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Spanish language is a PLUS!
- Be enthusiastic and know how to have fun
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)