IT Desktop Support – Indianapolis
Job Category: IT Infrastructure
Driven by our Passion for People, our IT Desktop Support Specialists are experts at providing hands-on support to our contact center teams. Connecting with people in a way that is meaningful to them is our bread and butter—and our IT Support team consistently performs at a high level. IT Desktop Support Specialists will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure. They are primarily responsible for day to day administration, monitoring, and resolving user issues related to computers, software, server, laptops, networking, etc. The candidate must have previous experience in operating in mission critical environments and in high performing teams.
Ultimately, we bring people together. Whether it be our clients, their customers, our colleagues or our non-profit partners—we can’t resist the fun of working with people. Each connection, each relationship matters. To STRIVE to be a part of something greater is in our DNA—and we don’t use the word “strive” lightly. It embodies what we value.
- Proven track record of ALL of the following STRIVE values:
- 2+ years of experience
- MCSE, A+ certifications a plus
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience installing and imaging workstations using FOG
- Experience in the following areas: patch management, anti-virus suites, and system performance monitoring
- Knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Knowledge with Microsoft Azure, Office36, and Exchange Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration including group policies.
- Understanding of networking/IP concepts
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls and switches
- Knowledge of VMware
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well within a team
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently/proactively to resolve issues
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Answer user service desk requests, track queue progress and follow to resolution.
- Responsible for site and deliver corporate projects.
- Maintain updates on computers, software and peripheral equipment.
- Administer phone system, site badge access system, and network infrastructure.
- Work with vendors on acquiring new equipment and installing workstations.
- Provide detailed communication to site director and corporate IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally must sit, use manual dexterity with tools and lift up to 50 pounds.
Salary & Benefits:
The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, personal time off, and a 401K plan.
Inktel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)