IT – System Administrator – Indianapolis
Job Category: IT Infrastructure
Responsible and accountable for day to day administration, monitoring, and resolving systems and network issues. In addition, candidate must have experience leading projects and implementing technology solutions. The candidate must have previous experience in operating in mission critical environments and in high performing teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for installing and delivering technology solutions.
- Maintain updates on servers and network infrastructure.
- Strong leadership for the rest of the IT team.
- Provide detailed communication to site director and corporate IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of CentOS at an enterprise level not just a hobbyist.
- More than 5 years of Senior System Administration experience.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Azure, Office365, and Powershell.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration including group policies.
- Understanding of networking/IP concepts
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls and switches
- Knowledge of VMware, DRS, and enterprise storage.
- Experience with AWS, integration of APIs and other software.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, security, and reliable operation of all Windows and Linux servers, software, Wifi systems, security, and access controls within those systems
- Track user problems via Zabbix for troubleshooting hardware, network, and software errors
- Running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions via a ticketing system, assessing the impact of issues, and prioritizing problems based on impact to the business
- Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations as related to contractual agreements with vendors
- Develop, implement, and maintain a security program for the protection of systems hardware, software, and data
- Experience with firewalls (Fortinet).
- Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
- Have experience with the virtualization of systems (VMWare ESXi)
- Experience with Powershell, Office365 migrations, Active Directory management
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems in a multi-office setup across multiple locations
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration and maintaining network security
- Experience with domain registration, public DNS record administration
- Must have working knowledge of multiple different storage devices and storage connections
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, database performance enhancements, networking layouts and improvements
- Regular monthly reviews of infrastructure and networking for areas of improvement and security audits
- Ability to troubleshoot PBX/Telephony/VOIP hardware and software
- Must have experience with Linux (CentOS. RHEL) and open source tools
- Effective project management skills, ability to scope, track and assist PMO with active and potential projects
- Must have deep experience with Office 365, Azure Active Directory, SPAM filters and smart hosting, Azure and AWS environments, understanding complex Active Directory issues including LDAP and Azure AD Connect
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well within a team
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently/proactively to resolve issues
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Occasionally must sit, use manual dexterity with tools and lift up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)