The administrative duties of this position are vital to the effective operations of the company. Critical to success is high attention to detail, follow through, accuracy, communication, timeliness of work and organization. The employee shall be expected to use discretion in handling highly confidential information. Operate PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties and principle accountabilities.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and authorizes access to the operation’s floor when required.
- Updates availability calendar for conference(s) room.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Assist other departments with administrative support and data entry.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, scanning, collating and working knowledge of preparing UPS/Fed Ex Packages.
- Knowledge of updating plasma slide decks for all Miami Lake monitors.
- Knowledgeable of lunch menus, local restaurants, hotels and entertainment options.
- Knows how to order or find office supplies, EOM plaques, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Working knowledge of business English, punctuation, spelling, arithmetic and general office
- Reliable attendance track record, ensuring work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of Internet software; Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities
- Reasoning Ability – Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Applies good problem solving skills.
Salary & Benefits
The compensation package for this position includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, personal time off, educational assistance, and a 401K plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)