Remote Housing Assistance Specialist – Independent Contractor 1099
Job Category: Customer Service
This is a long-term 1099 Contractor role with no end date.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 7 PM
- Receive and respond to inbound client inquiries via phone or web chat while updating internal computer applications and systems
- Use available tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with the goal of resolving the Client’s reason for contact in one call.
- Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Client situations.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Client issues.
- Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Client in a manner that is easily understood.
- Utilize multiple systems to access Client information, research issues, educate and solve the Client’s reason for contact.
- Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Client information.
- Diligently and accurately document Client records and cases.
Why You Want to Work for Inktel!
Inktel is where Talent lives! We joined Inktel because we wanted to perform at a high level. We stay with Inktel because our performance grows the company—and when the company grows, we grow with it. What does that include?
What We're Looking For:
- 12 months of Customer Service
- Consistent employment history
- An interest to be the best! Eager to be successful.
- Technically savvy! Knows how to use current technology.
Operating System / PC
- Windows 10 Professional PC (no Macs or Chromebooks)
- (Information on how to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro )
- Two (2) available USB 2.0 or greater ports
USB Headset with Microphone
- JPL TT3 Evo Binaural Headset (Headband + Boom) with Tough Case
- JPL BL-053+P JPL USB 2.0 universal bottom lead with volume and mute function
- Integrated or USB Camera with 1080p resolution or higher. Please note that camera models will vary. Please make sure the cameras are compatible with Windows 10.
- Available on Amazon or any other major retailer.
Standard Connection / Speed
- Must have Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Minimum 25 Mpbs download / Minimum 6 Mpbs upload
- Internet connection must not be shared with more than 3 devices in the same location
- Dual Core 1.2 GHz or better
- Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 or better
- 40 GB or more of available space
- 100 GB or more of total space
- 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p)
*Dual monitors are recommended for this program, but not required.
- Latest version of Google Chrome for Windows
Maximum Latency Threshold
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)