Remote Inbound Customer Service – Independent Contractor
Job Category: Customer Service
This is a long-term 1099 Contractor role with no end date.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8 AM - 7 PM, and Saturdays 9 AM - 4 PM
- Receive and respond to inbound client inquiries via phone or web chat while updating internal computer applications and systems
- Use available tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Client’s reason for contact in one call.
- Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Client situations.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Client issues.
- Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Client in a manner which is easily understood.
- Utilize multiple systems to access Client information, research issues, educate and solve the Client’s reason for contact.
- Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Client information.
- Diligently and accurately document Client records and cases.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Contact Center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
- 1 or more years of relevant Contact Center experience.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications. Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills
- Strong communication skills and solutions orientated
- Must demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor and the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation. Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus.
- Bilingual is English/Spanish or English/French is a plus
REQUIREMENTS (TECHNICAL & OTHER)
- Each Inktel at Home Client Care Representative will be required to provide their own equipment:
- Windows 10 PC (no Macs or Chromebooks)
- Two Monitors (or one laptop and one monitor)
- Hardwired Internet Connection
- Internet Speed: 10mbps download, 6mbps upload
- USB Headset with microphone and volume control
- Integrated or USB webcam
- Additional requirements listed below
- Work from Home PC and Network must meet or exceed Minimum Specifications to all Contact Center Applications.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS.
- Dual Core 1.2 GHz or better
- Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 or better
- 40 GB or more of available space
- 100 GB or more of total space
- 4 GB of RAM minimum
- 8 GB or RAM or better is preferable
- Windows 10 Professional (No Macs or Chromebooks)
- Information on how to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro
- Two (2) available USB 2.0 or greater ports
MINIMUM MONITOR AND ACCESSORY REQUIREMENTS.
- 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p)
USB Headset with Microphone
- JPL TT3 Evo Binaural Headset (Headband + Boom) with Tough Case and JPL BL-053+P JPL USB 2.0 universal bottom lead with volume and mute function
MINIMUM SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS.
- Latest version of Google Chrome for Windows
MINIMUM INTERNET CONNECTIVITY REQUIREMENTS.
Standard Connection / Speed
- Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Minimum 25 Mpbs download / Minimum 6 Mpbs upload
- Internet connection must not be shared with more than 3 devices in the same location
Maximum Latency Threshold
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)