Upscale Homeware Support – Independent Contractor
Job Category: Customer Service
We're contracting WORK-FROM-HOME Independent Contractors who can serve as Homeware Support Specialists to represent one of the world’s most upscale and high-end homeware brands.
Compensation $15/hr. Get paid weekly!
Each Homeware Support Specialist will be an independent contractor, working from home using their own computer equipment that meets the technical requirements outlined below. This is a virtual customer support job.
Contractors must also be able to establish a designated work space, free from noise and distractions to handle incoming phone calls.
Contractors will be responsible for answering incoming contacts from clients via multiple platforms, including phone, email or chat. Training will be provided on client information and systems used.
THE IDEAL SERVICE PARTNER (CONTRACTOR):
- Previous contract work experience
- Retail, Concierge and/or Hospitality experience
- Problem Solver
- Active Listener
- Ability to Multi-task
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Team Player
- Proven Record of Great Attendance
- Address customer questions and concerns regarding product and delivery information
- Provide product information, review alternative solutions if an item is out of stock and place orders for the customer.
- Successfully negotiate and appease customers using a variety of methods established by client
- Check inventory, process returns, issue replacements and credits for damaged or defective merchandise
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required: High School or GED (General Education Diploma) required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 1+ years of general work experience.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of caller communication styles and personalities.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/Salesforce experience
- Ability to work 32 hours/week, 8 hour shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
Minimum PC Requirements
- Dual Core 1.2 GHz or better
- Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 or better
- 40 GB or more of available space
- 100 GB or more of total space
- 4 GB of RAM minimum
- 8 GB or RAM or better is preferable
Minimum Monitor and Accessory Requirements
- 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p)
|USB Headset with Microphone
- JPL TT3 Evo Binaural Headset (Headband + Boom) with Tough Case and JPL BL-053+P
- JPL USB 2.0 universal bottom lead with volume and mute function
- High grade USB noise cancelling headphone available on Amazon or any other retailer
- Integrated or USB camera with 1080p resolution or higher. Please note that camera models will vary. Please make sure the cameras are compatible with Windows 10. Available on Amazon or any other major retailer.
*Dual monitors may be required on some client programs
Minimum Software Requirements
- Latest version of Google Chrome for Windows
**Certain client programs may require specific versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
Minimum Internet Connectivity Requirements
|Standard Connection / Speed
- Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Minimum 25 Mpbs download / Minimum 6 Mpbs upload
- Internet connection must not be shared with more than 3 devices in the same location
|Maximum Latency Threshold
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)